Aqua Medic Aqualine Co2 Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know what kind of powerhead or water pump is used for the Aqua Medic Aqualine Co2 Reactor? I've sent emails to the company directly and the supplier, but got no response. The CO2 are not diffused properly, i'm using the Rio 180 powerhead.

Also, i accidently broke my bubble counter 8O . Is there a site online that sells them? I need a milwaukee bubble counter.

I'm sorry I don't have specific answers for you - but need more info in terms of why you say the CO2 is not diffused properly.

A powerhead is good but the bubbles need to bash around against objects to be properly diffused, so some sort of chamber needs to go along with a powerhead for CO2. In the case of the Aqualine the bubbles simply ride up the "ladder" instead, getting smaller and smaller as they go, so no powerhead should be necessary, if I understand correctly what you have.

Which Aqua Medic Reactor do you have? If it's the 1000 then you'll need to drive it by a canister filters output or a pump/powerhead that delivers 250 gph. A Rio 180 is not powerful enough. You might could get by with a Rio 800 (211 gph) but a Rio 1100 would be a better choice, though running it off a canister filters output is the best option. I'm less familiar with the other AM reactors.

i figured out the reactor now... the problem was that the output pressure wasn't high enough to push the bubbles into the circular stairs of the reactor. Now that i've fixed the problem, the tank is more lively! geez... i wished i figured that out sooner... i've been so caught up with school work i didn't have time to check up on the tank!

btw... wa PSI is the right gauge suppose to read? I'm guessing the higher the more output pressure, am i right? or is it the left one? I have the milwaukee regulator...

thanks travis, i'll consider buying the bubble counter because it seems to be fine without it =D. Your tank is going to be my inspiration :twisted:

kagentx said:
i figured out the reactor now... the problem was that the output pressure wasn't high enough to push the bubbles into the circular stairs of the reactor. Now that i've fixed the problem, the tank is more lively! geez... i wished i figured that out sooner... i've been so caught up with school work i didn't have time to check up on the tank!

btw... wa PSI is the right gauge suppose to read? I'm guessing the higher the more output pressure, am i right? or is it the left one? I have the milwaukee regulator...

thanks travis, i'll consider buying the bubble counter because it seems to be fine without it =D. Your tank is going to be my inspiration :twisted:

The left gauge is the PSI of the CO2 tank. (When your tank is freshly filled it should reg about 1000 PSI). The right gauge show the PSI of the gas being released...

Shawn

Also to let you know Aquamedic now makes a unit with the powerhead combined as part of the package. Not sure who in the us is selling this yet though

im having a problwm with bubbles in my reactor. i have a maxi jet 1200 as it recommended using and it has bubbles in the back and ive been trying to bleed the bbules out but it wont come out is something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom