Aqua-Tech kits at Walmart look like Eclipse Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Aqua Tech 5 gallow bow tank. It currrently houses 3 very small a. cichlids (waiting for them to grow more before putting them in the big tank). The filter is great and it's a nice tank for the money. I use bio spira in 3 of my tanks. It's great for starting up or if you have used meds in the tank to restart the cycle. Also seems to go well when adding new fish. I also use ACT brand bacteria. It's a big bottle (4 or 5 ounces) for only about 7$ that I bought at my local Meijer. Works like bio spira but the lady said it is kinda the generic equivalent.

Right now there is no generic version of Bio-Spira, as Marineland has patented the bacteria, believe it or not!

There are several products to aid in cycling, and folks have mixed results with them. If they work for you then count yourself lucky, because the price is certainly better, but I never had any luck with them. If I am setting up something under 10 gallons, I would just do water changes every day or every other day until it was cycled, since the bioload is so small it is easy to control, and I am too cheap to spend the big bucks on Bio-Spira unless it is for my bigger tanks. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom