AquaC Remora Pro break in period?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long should I expect to wait for my new AquaC Remora Pro to:

-quiet down
-stop dumping bubbles into the tank
-produce skimmate

I know there is a break in period, but are we talking days or weeks or months?

It may take up to a week

I just installed a new EV series from AquaC and it started skimming right away, but water was rather gunky

Erg, this thing is driving me nuts... its making so much noise and there are so many bubbles being dumped back into the water... they're stuck to everything and I can tell it's upsetting my fish.

We have the Aqua C Remora and while it is not very noisy, and it started skimming within the week, the micro bubbles never went away. We recently purchased the pre-skimmer as an add on to this skimmer and are very happy with the reduction in the micro bubbles.

DJ

I actually gave up with the AquaC. The micro bubbles never went away after purchasing the big ugly preksimmer box, and many many many other attempts. I have now been skimmerless for six weeks. So far so good....

it can take upto 2 months. The bubbles will not harm the fish. Did you get the rio or the mag? The skimmer is much quieter with te mag 3 pump.

Back
Top Bottom