Aquaclear 70 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just threw an Aquaclear 70 on the back of my 55g to replace one marineland 350. So now I have 1 AQ70 and a ML350 running together. Is that sufficient filtration or should I upgrade to a 110? My stock is:

6 angels
1 RTS
4 panda cories
2 pepper cats
1 rubber lip pleco

It is also heavily planted

Did you move the media from the 350 to the 70? I'd say you are good on filtration at this point. How big are the angels?

Did you move the media from the 350 to the 70? I'd say you are good on filtration at this point. How big are the angels?
Yes and I used the tank water to fill it as well. Angels vary. I have 3 sand dollar size ones and 2 half dollar size ones and 1 a little bigger than a quarter.

I just threw an Aquaclear 70 on the back of my 55g to replace one marineland 350. So now I have 1 AQ70 and a ML350 running together. Is that sufficient filtration or should I upgrade to a 110? My stock is:

6 angels
1 RTS
4 panda cories
2 pepper cats
1 rubber lip pleco

It is also heavily planted

Aquaclear 70 = Maximum Output: 300 U.S. gal per hour.
Marineland PengiunB = 350 U.S. gal per hour.

You have a total of 650g per hour flow rate, for your 55g tank. More than 11 times the flow rate.

In my opinion, you have plenty filtration for you tank. And your water will be clear and healthy with the right filter media.
Some people on here will 'probably' say you need more filtration. I don't think you do though.

Add custom media to Aquaclear filter if you like. I jammed packed mine full of quality media.

EDIT:
As far as stocking goes, use aqadvisor to check filtration is able to handle your stock, in the size tank.
http://www.aqadvisor.com/

Meh on Aqadvisor. Stocking has too many variables to be quantified so neatly.

You're good on filtration. There may come a time when your angels decide to pair up and beat the snot out of the others. When that happens, be prepared to move the others or find them a new home. :)

Back
Top Bottom