Aquaclear filter inserts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ranicrab

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I was wondering if people typically only rinse these or change them, and if so how often? We have a 20 gallon tank and do a weekly 25% change with plants, 6 white cloud minnows, 3 emerald eye rasboras, and 1 cherry shrimp. Thanks!

Which filter inserts are you referring to?

The sponges can be cleaned in tank water or dechlorinated water

The bio-media should not be cleaned.

If you are using chemical media like carbon it must be replaced. However, I typically don't recommend using chemical filtration unless you have a specific problem you are trying to solve.

Aquaclear Filters

Hi! I was wondering if people typically only rinse these or change them, and if so how often? We have a 20 gallon tank and do a weekly 25% change with plants, 6 white cloud minnows, 3 emerald eye rasboras, and 1 cherry shrimp. Thanks!

Hello rani...

I rinse the filter media every week and put it all back in the filter. I just rinse everything in some of the old water when I do a water change. I quit using the carbon (chemical) medium. Figured the water changes would do a better job of keeping the water pure. Saved a little money on that deal.

I have a 20 gallon tank with 8 Pearl Danios and change half the water every week. Keeps the fish and plants really healthy. Here's a pic.

B

img_3016280_0_a717f987684c3109ebea6dbfe7ed231c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks so much! I think we will remove the carbon and just change more water weekly. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom