Aquarium Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see a reason why it would be bad. In fact, the air stone will help circulate water past the heater making it more efficient in heating the tank.

eyring2210 said:
I don't see a reason why it would be bad. In fact, the air stone will help circulate water past the heater making it more efficient in heating the tank.

The reason I asked is ever since I moved the heater close to the aerator that the temp went down a couple degrees. Maybe the bubbles hitting the heater is taking the heat with it?

Putting the heater near a source of water flow like your aerator should keep the tank at a more uniform temperature. If the heater is in stagnant water, the water by the heater will be a lot warmer than the water on the other side of the tank.

BigJim said:
Putting the heater near a source of water flow like your aerator should keep the tank at a more uniform temperature. If the heater is in stagnant water, the water by the heater will be a lot warmer than the water on the other side of the tank.

Got it. Thank you. I'll keep it that way.

Thanks for addressing this issue. I have my heater close to both my aerator and my filter. I also think its advisable to measure your water temp on the other side of the tank from the heater. A thermometer near the heater will give you skewed readings.
Also I wanted to thank roydooms for including a nice picture of his heater/aerator. Sometimes visuals go a long way in helping those new to the hobby understand the advice they're getting. Good Job!

OhNeil1969 said:
Thanks for addressing this issue. I have my heater close to both my aerator and my filter. I also think its advisable to measure your water temp on the other side of the tank from the heater. A thermometer near the heater will give you skewed readings.
Also I wanted to thank roydooms for including a nice picture of his heater/aerator. Sometimes visuals go a long way in helping those new to the hobby understand the advice they're getting. Good Job!

Thank you OhNeil. I have thermometers on both sides of the tank to make sure it has an even temp. I always try to upload pics regarding my questions for you guys to easily give me advice. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom