Aquarium lid handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimiheart

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 40 gallon bowfront has a glass lid that sits flat on the top. The lid came with a handle that was supposed to just adhere with whatever sticky glue was on the back. However anytime it's gotten wet, it's come off. I've tried hot gluing the handle back into place, which works for about a week. Currently I've pushed the lid forward so it's laying just over the rim of the tank so I can lift it by the edge. Any ideas as to what I can use that will be safe for the fish and actually adhere to the lid?

Have you tried aquarium silicone? It's safe for the fish and in my experience holds up well.

Clean the adhesive off the glass, scrape old adhesive off handle. Get some gel super glue. Apply enough to cover handle, but not so much it will ooze and make a mess, press handle down and hold for a couple minutes. A clamp would be ideal. Let cure for a day before testing

Clean the adhesive off the glass, scrape old adhesive off handle. Get some gel super glue. Apply enough to cover handle, but not so much it will ooze and make a mess, press handle down and hold for a couple minutes. A clamp would be ideal. Let cure for a day before testing

The adhesive that I've used has all been peeled off. It's perfectly clean. I'll see if I can find any. I don't think I have a clamp that would work there. (My son would know, but he's out of town for summer.) I should be able to press it down for a few minutes though.

Back
Top Bottom