Aquarium Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedNeck

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a nice deep blue 48" t5 double lamp and my bulbs are burning out. I can't buy these locally (48" 28w t5) and every bulb I get shipped comes broke!!!! I think it's time to upgrade to a LED lamp but unsure what is good out there as far as making colors pop and having a lunar function for night time. Hope to get some good suggestions! Thanks :)

Checkout the new finnex vivid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is a pretty nice looking light. Does the vivid cycle through the day like the 24/7 or does the 24/7 enhance colors like the vivid?
Also is there anywhere besides amazon I can purchase a fixture from? After they sent me 4 broken bulbs in a row I'm done using them.

I don't think the 247 enhances like the vivid no. The 247 is a great light for the money, I use one and than have 2 of the cheaper knock off versions, you can customize the colors when not in 24/7 mode to get those fish looking pretty spiffy.

http://aquavibrant.com/Lighting_c_15.html

Ughh.....decisions decisions! I like the Vivid due to the color enhancing LEDs. I like the 24/7 cause of the 24 cycle it goes through.

Google pics of "monster ray led" that's going to be similar to the vivid me thinks. Some don't like how it gives fish an almost cartoonist look.

I kind of like it and I figure it won't be as exaggerated with the vivid cause it also has the rgb lights as well. The only issue I might have it the mounting hardware. I run glass tops and it almost looks like they secure onto the aquarium glass.

They offer a few options. I have glass on all mine and they always fit and sit.

Nope. I run.....
1 finnex 247
2 knock off 247
1 build my led
1 current sat plus
2 finnex stingray

They're all tools specifically purchased to do a task. I don't like any one better than the other. I like them for what they do on the tank they're sitting on. For a tall fish only tank.. the knock off 247 is nice. It's not too powerful so your glass won't haze over with algae (too bad). The stingray is nice too for low light but imo that oscar needs something you can mess around with.

They're all tools specifically purchased to do a task. I don't like any one better than the other. I like them for what they do on the tank they're sitting on. For a tall fish only tank.. the knock off 247 is nice. It's not too powerful so your glass won't haze over with algae (too bad). The stingray is nice too for low light but imo that oscar needs something you can mess around with.

So your talking a knock off 24/7? I like the idea of the light running it's own cycle.....the one I had on my 40b salt was like that. I just want the colors on my fish to pop as well.

Back
Top Bottom