aquarium safe glue/silicon/sticky stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
today i decided to make a cave for my tank,so i smashed some slate into smaller peices,and built the cave. thats when i realized i didnt know how to glue it together:facepalm:. i need to know what i can use to glue it together.id rather not spend $10 on a tiny tube of aquarium silicon,but will if i have to

Loctite make a clear silicone waterproof adhesive that's aquarium safe and only like $4 for quite a decent sized tube. I've used it a couple of times without problems.

thanks for your comments guys,but i was looking in my garage and found a tube of white silicon that said it was aquarium safe,so i used that. sadly,i hd to ruin the original design when i siliconed it,but it still looks pretty good if i do say so myself

it rained when it was curing. i tested it in a bucket with some feeder fishj for a couplehours and when i decided to put it in it fell araprt when i took it out of teh bucket. luckily,i made another which should be done curing by now. tommorow ill test that one

Back
Top Bottom