Aquascaping a 26 Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi! I’m going to be aquascaping my 26 bowfront, which I recently set back up. Last time I sort of just stuck hardy plants in it haphazardly, but this time I’d like to use some aquascaping principles to make it look a little nicer. I figured I’d ask you aquascaping aficionados.
Lighting is LEDS that came in the kit, so probably pretty basic. I don’t run CO2, and probably won’t be using ferts, since I’ll be keeping inverts and I’m not entirely sure if they’d be okay with that. I’d like to use low light plants that won’t have a hard time in my tank. I was thinking of using some rhizome plants and moss on the rocks, and having stem plants around them, with some open space in the front for feeding dishes, but I’m open to alternatives too!
Hardscape is gravel and the same rocks I used before. Not sure about changing or adding hardscape.
Here’s a photo of how it looked when I had it set up before.

Attachments

• 140CC058-6525-4E82-9D73-22597E94ECF5.jpg
    140CC058-6525-4E82-9D73-22597E94ECF5.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 416
Looks to be a corner bowfront. I always found mine to be a pain when scaping it. The rule of thirds doesn't really work in that tank. What I found myself doing in every scape was making a basic tiered scape. Here is what my final scape in that tank looked like.https://i.imgur.com/p77sNab

Maybe a lot of crypts in the back, buce(A lot of buce) and anubias mid ground and something like dwarf sag or even a pgymy chain sword up front? All are low light and wouldn't need anything more then a few root tabs here and there.

It isn’t a corner, though from the angle in that photo it’s hard to tell, lol. Your tank looks really nice! I’ll look into dward sag. What kind of crypts do you suggest?
Also, are root tabs okay with invertebrates? The ones I have contain copper, so I don’t use them anymore.

Ah OK well that will make it a bit easier to scape.for the crypts it will depend on where you decide to put them. Crypt wendtii is a nice easy one that will fit in just about anywhere. Undalata is great as a mid and foreground crypt since it doesn't get terribly tall. Crypt beckettii doesn't get to big either. Crypt balsanae for a background crypt. It grows tall with ruffled leaves. I have no clue on the root tabs. I haven't used any in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom