Aqueon or python water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dana180

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I've had my Aqueon (i think but not100% sure)water changer for approximately 5 months. The blue plastic cracked on me. I'm hoping to replace it but I don't have time to go out until next weekend. I will buy the replacement and keep it as a back up (possibly another tank). Therefore I want to place an online order with Amazon today. Please share your preference in water changers. I have a sink close to my tank so I do not need a long pipe. I want something well constructs that is not going to break on me. Thank you all so much for all your help. My fish also send their thanks!

Forgot to add that the reviews of both are very mixed so I'm looking for your expertise.

Bought a python about 8 years ago and I still use it today. Not sure thereafter much difference in the two but ill always buy the python

I have the aqueon for the past 1.5 yrs. No problems. Had the python years ago and it also was excellent. Would have bought the python based on my past experience, but the aqueon was on sale and I wanted to give it a try.

Thank you everyone. I placed my order today. We should have some (much needed) water changing fun early next week. I have never done less than a 50% weekly and this cannot come soon enough!

I was interested in this forum post and will admit that I'm one of those people that lugs around a bucket with water during water changes. I've been leery of one of these because i'm wary to treat my water with dechlorinater before I add it to the tank. I'm now considering one of these, as I am soon coming into a 125g tank from my boss. Is it safe to treat the water AFTER it is added back to the tank?

I use an Aqueon for my 30 gallon tank. So glad that I bought one. As far a treating the water I use prime just dump some in the I open the valve on the tube to start filling the tank. I let the current from the water filling mix the prime.

You are a better aquariast than me! I wouldn't run the buckets under no circumstances!

Lol i'm with you there. I think I will be purchasing the water changer now tho, thanks for posting this

I purchased the Aqueon. The first time it wouldn't create enough suction to lift the excrement. Switched to buckets. The second time I used buckets for draining and tried to use the Aqueon for filling. It shot water all over my kitchen. Obviously, mine is either defective or the fittings aren't snugging correctly with my faucet. My husband banished it...

...On the bright side my kitchen walls are sparkly clean. ;D

Back
Top Bottom