Aqueon vs Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so for christmas I want a water changer. With 4 tanks the bucket is being very old. Haha

What do y'all use? Do y'all know any pros or cons of each? And advice or opinions welcome!

Thanks!

I have an Aqueon and I absolutely love it. The pro is that I can now change the water in my 29g and 55g in less than an hour. I add Stress Coat to the tanks before I start filling the tanks back up. Probably the only con is getting the water temp coming out of the faucet just right. But I just keep checking the thermometer on the side of the tank to make sure it isn't getting to warm or cold. I sure don't miss the bucket and gallon milk jugs.

Merry Christmas

After I researched this very subject I ended up ordering an Aqueon and love it. I think they are pretty close. If I remember correctly the hardware is a little better on the Aqueon.

Another good spot for reviews is Amazon.

I would do almost any brand over the Aqueon. The only would I would not use at all if you gave it to me is the Deep Blue (because even when I was forced to it fell apart).

I like the hardware for all the other brands better. Lee's makes what they call a cleaning claw, not good for vacuuming the gravel, but perfect if you have sand and don't need to be cleaning the whole time you drain. It allows me to start a drain, do something else (like work at home or clean the filter at a client's house) without worrying about the fish getting sucked up. It also spreads out the flow when you fill. It happens to fit on every single water changer EXCEPT the Aqueon.

I recommend the Lee's Deluxe water changer.

I use the aqueon water changer picked it up on amazon for $26 with free shipping. I would not give it up for the world.

The python is slightly better, imo because of its metal faucet connector. But the aqueon is a lot easier to find, and a lot cheaper. I have an aqueon and love it. I have no complaints at all.

The python is slightly better, imo because of its metal faucet connector. But the aqueon is a lot easier to find, and a lot cheaper. I have an aqueon and love it. I have no complaints at all.

I've read that you can get the metal faucet adapter at any hardware store.

You can. But I am pretty sure it is included in the Lee's one as well.

Back
Top Bottom