are all clown loaches crazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaybird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've just put three clown loaches in my tank and each one seems to have its own mental problems.

One tends to hang around the pump outlet to play in the stream, one likes to hang around with my cichlids, and the other seems to think that it's a neon ruby barb.

Um, I thought they liked to be in small schools. If I wanted an extra neon ruby barb I would have gotten one :)

how old are they? i think when they are young they do that. Mine would always got with my tiger barbs, but at least thats an easier mistake lol.
And i think once they are older they hang out together more.

This morning I thought one of the loaches had gotten stuck in a hole and died. All that I could see was the tip of his tail showing. When I put my hand in he moved and then wiggled his way backwards out of the hole.

They are mentally unstable :)

My loach thinks he is a guppy. He will swim right along with them. I have marbles in the tank and he constantly plays with a certain one. I love watching him play.

IMO clown loaches behaviours are what makes them so cool. My clowns seem to have indentity crisis all the time. As they get bigger they do play together more.

i have clown loaches once upon a time and i found them very sensitive to the temperature in tank.

i know they a shy fish and like to hide

Back
Top Bottom