Are tumors common in bettas? *update*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a female now that's blown up like a balloon and her skin is close to breaking because she's getting so fat. At first I thought it was bloat and then it just kept getting bigger over time no matter what, and she's not the first one I've had this problem with. So I'm just curious now if they're common for bettas to have...

I don't actually believe it is very common. A lot of it has to do with water conditions, feeding, it could be bad interbreeding, I am not sure about the last one but it could happen.

I've never had a betta with a tumor. I don't think it is especially common, but it does happen occasionally.

I don't know it's weird though! I've had a lot of my bettas that I've bought from the store and they like...look like they're getting bloat, and then it just swells to overall capacity over a long period of time no matter how much I try to get rid of it @____@ Siam can hardly swim, it's so sad to watch...I only feed them once a day and I keep their water usually pretty well maintained ._.

She is in a 20 gal tank and her stomach has gotten HUGE now in the last two days and I think I'm going to have to put her down before she suffers anymore...

Back
Top Bottom