arghh!! which puffer?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_newbie

Aquarium Advice Activist
well ..i have a 30g and was planning to get a puffer..either a red eye puffer or a dragon(humpback) puffer.. i wanted to know what your opinions are on which one to get ..i know that the dragon is alot less active but does get bigger ..and the red eye active but smaller ..im kinda leaning towards the dragon cause its bigger but i dont wanna stare at a "rock" ..you know what i mean? :wink:

here are my tanks parameters if that helps
ammonia- 0
nitrite- 0
nitrate - 20
GH- 150
KH- 120
pH - 7.2

soo yeahhhh ..what do you guys think? any personal experience with these guys that youd wanna share?

I think dragons (T palembangensus) are gorgeous puffers! There are many puffers w/red eyes, can you be more specific?

Lortetis are extermely mean to each other. I had one at 1st. Then I found 3 more (2-f & 1 M). She killed the 2 females within 2 days. After spawning w/the male 3x, she killed him too. I gave her to a pufferfriend & she said she is doing well with other non-puffer fish, but I'd be extremely careful about that too.

Are both those puffers available to you?

Back
Top Bottom