Arnold Red-eyed Characin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheMurrays

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know anything about these fish? Apparently my LFS suggested them to my husband for my 30 gal brackish tank. I can't find any thing on the internet that says they are brackish.

TheMurrays said:
Anyone know anything about these fish? Apparently my LFS suggested them to my husband for my 30 gal brackish tank. I can't find any thing on the internet that says they are brackish.

I don't believe they are brackish. Great fish, but they may not fit your tank parameterz

I don't believe they are brackish. Great fish, but they may not fit your tank parameterz

Yeah, I have read that they need to be in schooling groups. I thought it was strange that she suggested them for a 30 gal.

Just had to chime in here as I think it is funny what you will hear from the lfs.
One day I called a large chain (I won't mention their name) and asked to speak to the fish dept. I asked if they carried polka dot loaches and his response was "Is that a cat or dog supply?" Goes to show-you can't trust them to be educated!

Back
Top Bottom