Arrrrg!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldenchld

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, so I have a 55g fully cycled tank, it was empty after my 9yr old Jack Dempsey died. Well I added a convict, firemouth and blue acara and threadfin acara(all under 2"). The convict developed velvet I believe and all fish died except the threadfin is perfect somehow. My questions are:
1. I've heard threadfins can get 5"-10" that's a big range, if he reached 8"+ my tank would be too small correct?

2. I've treated with Coppersafe(treats for a month) when or can I even add new fish?

Thanks a lot!

They get about 8", which isn't too small IMO but they like to be in groups of a least a few so then your tank is to small. I would look at rehoming him. Second when you finish the treatment wait a little to see if anything in the tank changes then add carbon to remove the coppersafe and you should be good for new fish

He/she seems really happy, swims all over, comes right up to me when I approach the tank. I've kinda gotten attached :(

Back
Top Bottom