Astrophotography: My Other Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
I had a thread with a bunch of pics but all the image links are broken as I revamped the website, so wanted to share a few photos I have taken with my telescope.

M33a-e1418422645494.jpg

M33: Triangulum Galaxy

M51a-e1418427048710.jpg

M51: Whirlpool Galaxy

M81a-e1418489142892.jpg

M81/M82: Bode's & Cigar Galaxies

IC1396.jpg

IC1396: Elephant's Trunk Nebula

IC434.jpg

Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

m42a.jpg

M42: Great Nebula in Orion

M16sbig.jpg

M16: The Eagle Nebula

NGC7635.jpg

NGC7635: Bubble Nebula

NGC2244.jpg

NGC 2244: Rosette Nebula

Gosh my goodness what amazing pics! Those need to be used in classrooms and such!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! It is a fun hobby, was a bit of leap, but it is connected to my aquarium hobby... when I got into SW reef tanks, I figured I needed to get good at photography, from there leaped into astrophotography. It takes a lot of time and the learning curve has been steep, but the results are rewarding. Every time I go to process captured data, I am amazed at what shows up.

Thanks! It is a fun hobby, was a bit of leap, but it is connected to my aquarium hobby... when I got into SW reef tanks, I figured I needed to get good at photography, from there leaped into astrophotography. It takes a lot of time and the learning curve has been steep, but the results are rewarding. Every time I go to process captured data, I am amazed at what shows up.

If you don't mind me askin, how much does a system like that cost? I'd assume a lot, plus that on top of your tanks you must make bank bro :D

LOL I definitely don't have cheap hobbies, unfortunately. There is about as much in all the equipment as a small new car give or take when you put everything together.

There is a lot of detail on my website about the equipment... http://claustonberry.com

LOL I definitely don't have cheap hobbies, unfortunately. There is about as much in all the equipment as a small new car give or take when you put everything together.

There is a lot of detail on my website about the equipment... http://claustonberry.com

Wow! Great website and very interesting read!

Fort, have you ever tried selling your photographs to magazines or anything? They are that good.

Nah, never tried selling. One has been featured as NASA's APOD (astronomy picture of the day).

A new image from last night - a bit closer Version of the Horsehead/Flame nebulae.

hhf.jpg

That's amazing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How do you take these amazing pictures?!

With a couple of telescopes, a thermal electrically cooled Monchromatic CCD, and lots of time and effort :). There is a lot more about the equipment on my website claustonberry.com

Great hobby! Friend of mine said that my hobby of fish and invert keeping isn't as expensive as most people's hobbies, boating, skiing,.......astrophotography, lol, so now I don't feel so bad.

Excellent photos. Keep it up.

Wow! These are great! I bet you could sell posters and prints easy. Very nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom