At a loss as to what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedonaluv4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 Gal half moon tank and had to leave town for 11 days came home to a devastating 10 dead fish....had an automatic feeder, heater, 50gal filter. I cannot seem to stabilize and am losing fish almost every day... Have had the tank 3months and never had a problem... also now i keep finding fuzzy white floaties fairly large in size.. just got some shrimp .. does anyone have any idea what's wrong and what i need to correct.... Ph 7.6 nitrates and nitrites and ammonia 0.. Thank you very much in advance :fish1:

Are the large floaties filter media? Water change.Water change. Water change. And then try a water change.

not water filter media did water change several times. ..the remaining fish seem to be ok now ... I just lost my cichlid today however... all other ones I have had for 3 mo are doing ok. the feeder didn't show any signs of malfunctioning and API Freshwater test kit

Weird. Sorry for your loss. Keep testing while your home and keep up on the water changes. 25% a day. Depending on what you have left, you may want to do a huge water change and rinse everything out in your tank water as you go. Filter, tubing, fake plants, air stones, etc. As long as you have good BB, you could drain that thing to almost zero and refill. Just use Prime before you do!

Back
Top Bottom