Atlantic blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phishiefishie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got an juvenile Atlantic blue tang. I was stupid enough that I didn't ask to see the fish eat before getting him. So for the past 5 days, I haven't seen him eating anything. I tried spectrum pellets, flakes and mysis shrimps it no luck. For the past two days I noticed some circle white spots on its body (I know you're thinking about ich but I know what's ich look like and I'm sure it's not ich) anyway those white circle spots went away today but the fish seems alot weaker and was hanging in the bottom of the tank. Looks like it's going to die soon, can anyone help me? What should I do? What can I do to help him get better?

Water parameter is all good. The rest of the fishes and corals are healthy.

Thank you for your help!!!

Try a few more types of food and soak with garlic. Do you have algae strips too? How big is it and who are his tank mates?

You should put him in a separate tank. Whatever he has he will give it to the other fish-if he hasn't already.

Could it look like early stages of velvet?

Yes, you should really QT a powder blue tang, they are prone to illness, particularly if he's not eating. Do you have a hospital tank?

Back
Top Bottom