Australian clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RICH305

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok here is my problem I have 2 regular clown fish they been in my 84 gallon for 6-7 months already and today I was at a local fish store and seen a nice Australian black and white clown fish for 40$ so here is my problem if I happento buy the black and white one will my regular clown fish attack them?

No not that hide maybe like a 1/4 inch bigger than the ones I have now why don't they gay along?

Clownfish are aggressive towards other clowns. They will probably nip at the new one, until it dies of stress. You could still try it though because not all fish behave the same, I'm just telling you what could probably happen.

I think I might just save my 40$ lol or get rid of the clowns I have now

I had 2 pairs in a 125g and had trouble after a few months. they liteerally were harassing my b&w's to near death. I removed the one pair the same day to avoid them killing my pride and joy. Trouble starts out of no where and it can be brutal. i say one pair of clowns per tank, PERIOD. I'd hate for someone to have to go through what i did.

If I could go back I would have not got my false perc clowns and pick up a pair of b&w or the silver ones. I know more $ but in the long run way cool :)

If I could go back I would have not got my false perc clowns and pick up a pair of b&w or the silver ones. I know more $ but in the long run way cool :)

I wanted the black and whites but was overruled. I guess I shouldn't complain since this was supposed to be her birthday present. LOL

Back
Top Bottom