Babies vs. tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
As some of you know. Im in the process of re-stocking my tank. A situation has come up and I need help deciding what to do. I was about to place an order on live fish direct, when to my surprise. I see babies everywhere in my tank. Turns out my peacocks bred before the male died, and now the female is mouth brooding them. Three are 1 -2 inches long and are self sufficient. While, the rest are still being mouth brooded. I fear for the babies safety if I introduce new fish. Your opinions, will be greatly appreciated.

I would try to set up another tank for the babies if you want to raise them then put them into main tank or make the order and just leave the babies and they will probably be eaten but it seems like you want to keep them right.

Yah, I kind of what a male again for the females. It's a tough decision, my other fish haven't bothered them. They must have been in there before my fish died, so they had to have survived a gauntlet of bigger fishes. Now there's only two instead of six. I'm not getting any large fishes per say, less than four inches. Also, I can't really set up another tank at this time. The only option, is a 2.5 gallon. But I thought that wouldn't be sufficient.

I'm going to clarify that sentence. Now there's only two big fish, when there used to be six.

Back
Top Bottom