Baby fish in my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sebastienb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I just found a really small fish in my tank. Not sure who the parents are I have two gold dust mollies one is yellow the other is mostly yellow with black dots. I had an all black mollie but he died a week ago.

Anyways the small one is Hiding in the bottom of the tank inside some creeks made by rocks. I have about eight tiger barbs and I think should I be worried?

:-/ looking closer, seems like the baby fish and ghost shrimps are feeding on one of my clown loaches that went missing a few days ago

What size tank do you have? Clown loaches need big tanks and groups of at least 4.

Your mollies had babies, but the other fish ate them all, and there is a lone survivor! Good luck little guy!

I had 3 loaches in a 55 gal. Only one left now but i do t see him, he might also be dead. The frost two ( one I found today the other last week) got real skinny and scared all the time. The last one which I haven't seen ( hope he is still alive) was always very active and would swim with the tiger barbs, he was also a little fat compared to the other 2.

How many babies do mollies usually have ?

I think I need to get rid of some of my driftwood. I can't see what happens behind it. Think that's where the babies were because i spend at least 20 minutes every morning and every night at the tank.

Guess so buy only one survivor! :-/ this weekend i'm going to make some layout changes and see if that last clown loach is still alive :-/

Back
Top Bottom