Baby fish in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mollywestern

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my male guppies is ill and after going to get some advise on what I needed to do I was told to treat the fish by putting Interpet Anti Internal Bacteria in the water. A few hours after doing this I was looking in my tank and noticed a tiny baby fish! I wasn't aware that any of my fish were pregnant. Do I need to separate it? I've set up my spare tank using some of the water from my main tank and some tap water so I don't think it will have cycled yet? Also is it normal for a fish to have one baby? Or should I be prepared for more to come? I'm not sure what fish the baby is, it looks like quite a clear colour and a bit darker at the front. I thought it might be a guppy. I have three guppies, one male guppy(only been in there a week), Bala shark, 2 honey gourami, 2 neons and 1 corrydoras catfish. Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like a baby guppy. Maybe when you were at lfs a baby got scooped up with your guppy. That happened to me when I got one of my males! Best of luck with the new edition. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom