baby longfin albino plecs too skinny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you know i recently got some teeny tiny plecs. Today ive noticed one seems to be thriving and is getting bigger and has a lovely little round belly. The other 2 on the other hand look sickly skinny when i see their bellys on the glass and are still smaller than the other one by quite a bit now. Im really worried i make sure theres plenty of food veggie waffers and the left over fish food the other normal bn eat. I put the 2 in the shrimplet trap in hopes to get them to eat in peice with a veggie waffer and to keep an eye on them. It almost looks like there tiny ribs are poking out and there little waists are practically nothing. I dont know if this is normal as the other ones ribs or what not arnt visable and his belly is so plump the others dont look like they have a bit of fat on them :( any help would be appreciated i really dont wont to.loose these little babies

i will try that and see how they go the little shrimplets should enjoy it too. Im hoping they would have eaten some of the waffers by morning without having the other bottom feeders to compete with. i think im going to get a net breeder tomorrow and put them in that untill i can get them looking healthy.

I would give them some time to adjust and see if they gain some weight. I think if you put them in a breeder net it will stress them more. Just keep your water parameters perfect and always feed them at night with the lights off.

Candiceg said:
I would give them some time to adjust and see if they gain some weight. I think if you put them in a breeder net it will stress them more. Just keep your water parameters perfect and always feed them at night with the lights off.

One had passed away when I checked on them this morning :( the other is still holding one but he doesn't look good at all. He's half the size of his healthy sibling and just not got anything on him he's sucking onto things a little I just wish he'd eat something I feel terrible for him

Sorry to here that hopefully he makes it. Baby fish can be fragile as long as your water is good and no ones picking on him then I guess it's just natures way

You can try green beans. Try to use the sodium free or no salt added if you can.
My BNP"S absolutely love green beans.
Good luck!

Thanks guys ill try those foods. My waters perfect and they dont seem to be being picked on so it so they must have just been not as strong as there healthy sibling. The other skinny ones still holding on and sucking so thats a good sign still very skinny unlike his big fat sibling haha

Back
Top Bottom