baby molly in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi everyone,

i bought some cory cats and a little baby black molly hitch-hiked into the bag.

i thought ok.. "dinner" for my betta.. but hes so quick and has survived my betta hunting him. I've sort of gotten fond of the little fella but when he grows up will there be any trouble? i red somewhere that they nip at long flowing fins.

im also persuading a house mate into starting up a tank so hopefully by the time this molly grows i'll have somewhere to put him if there is trouble ;)

I've never read that before. I had mollies in with my angel and they never seemed to nip at him.

I may have just missed this information and lucked out though :)

I moved my betta into my mollie tank for 2 minutes and he chased all my mollies so he went back to his own tank by himself(thought company might do him good ),He is a male betta,i have a female in my community tank and she is fine.

mines a male but hes pretty good, hardly ever aggressive to the corys, so would probably be fine with the grown up molly...BUT a housemates guppy in a bowl had over 50 babies this morning.. i thought i'd better save them and made a "cage" out of a container with holes and hung it in my tank. then i thought if that molly can survive why not the guppies? ha.. i put 4 in to see what would happen and they arent as smart as the molly and turned into a early dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom