Baby Silver $s and Severums food for a big silver $ ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nomadofthehills

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, tank size= 54g, corner 38x27x22

Current inhabitants: 10" iridesant shark, 5" silver dollar.

Fluval 304 canister.

I want to add 3 more silver dollars and 2 turquoise severums.

Problem: the silver dollars and sevs that I want to add are half dollar sized. Will they get eaten?

Thanks.

btw, i am just taking care of this tank. If I had to choose, I would not have gotten the shark, I feel they get too big for normal aquaria...

I think you will be all right. Your are right about the shark. I believe they get over 2 feet maybe more.

nomadofthehills said:
btw, i am just taking care of this tank. If I had to choose, I would not have gotten the shark, I feel they get too big for normal aquaria...
Just curious as to why you want to add fish to the tank, if it's not yours? :|

I'm in charge of it for the year. It was recently purchased for the room, but had fish already (the silver dollar and shark). Its in a classroom (im a senior in highschool).

I know silver dollars are schoolers, so I want him to be happy. But I also want a centerpice fish. I am now thinking two severums is too much... maybe I'll go with one.

Severums are terretorial and carnivorous, while the silver dollars are herbivorous.

while the silver dollars are herbivorous.

omnivorous actually.
be carefull if you add more silver dollars, as they prefer to pack up when they are young.
Mine thinks he's an oscar and he schools with them. He's in a bare bottom tank and can't stand seeing his own reflection without attacking it.
although he is settling down now.

Back
Top Bottom