Back and cycled!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
so today i tested my water in my 29 gallon and 5 gallon tanks bc i hadnt checked in a long time bc of new pets (a guinea pig and a bearded dragon for my bday), and im cycled.

Last edited:
Bad idea IMO.

6-male guppys
6-juli corys
2-cockatoo apistos (spawning :)
1-dwarf gourami
1-german blue ram
1-ruby clown cichlid (bolivian ram)

The guppies may or may not be ok. The Ram and DG definitely don't go well with a spawning pair of apistos. They are still a bit young and will grow considerably. The older they get, the meaner they are when defending eggs or fry. A school of mid sized tetra, rasbora, or the like would be my best recommendation instead of the guppies. JMO

allaboutfish said:
i have
2-cockatoo apistos
2-juli corys
2-guppys

First thing I'd do is up the Julii's to 5-6. They love to be in groups (the bigger the better), and they will be happier, more active and playful :)

I'd add at least 2 more guppies, and then add a mid-range swimming schooling fish since that's where you're most empty. Like a rasbora or type of peaceful tetra.

That's a bit much for a 29 IMO, but it could work. I'd drop the male guppies and corys down to 4 each. One thing to think about is that if you have apistos they are going to be in the same area as the corys, so you don't want a bunch of corys constantly bugging them especially if they are trying to do the whole breeding thing.

I'd lose the guppies just because a breeding pair of apistos WILL shred their fins. Tried it.

The Molly doesn't belong either.

And like I said, they are still young and relatively small. I know the exact fish that you have remember? ;)

yea , but i already have the guppys is there anyway to reduce the aggression? bc i dont have a tank that i cant put them in. the only other tank i have is a 5 gallon and theres a betta in it.

Can you rehome the guppies for credit towards cories or something else? I don't mean to be the cynic, but there really is no way to reduce their behaviors. The guppies will probably be ok for awhile, but I've seen and heard of headless guppies in tanks with large parental apistos.

FWIW, my male apisto decapitated my male guppy, and eventually killed my female guppy (had them in there so the fry would be a treat... didn't work). I'd definitely rehome them unless you ultimately want them stressed/killed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom