Back ground color and SA colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had natural colored gravel in my RCS tank. When I switched to black sand their color improved immensely.

In my old 75g (oscar & sev) I found an awesome background that looked like rocks, really added a lot to the tank.

I had a dark tank once that I used aluminum foil for the background.

I also did a true Asian tank that I used brown paper bag for the background.

I personally wouldn't paint in case I changed my mind ;) Lots of different things you could do though depending on what you like and what you'd like the tank to be.

It takes all of 15-30 mins to scrape off spray paint if you change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep the problem is more trying not to scratch it off when using HOB filters.

Here is the end results I'm happy with it. The cheap fluval eco bright LED is 3 times brighter on here than it was on the 33L that's only 12" deep.

Finished for now. Next will be replacing the HOB'S with a fluval 406 and a 306.
I promise there is a fish in there...LOL
img_3125583_0_8a62d192598a686e70247f264618e05e.jpg

All of my tanks now have natural substrate. I just switched my one black substrate to natural substrate this weekend. As others have said the black sand darkens the fish. Mine showed dramatic difference same day. I don't have pics yet. I will try to get some tonight.

All of my tanks now have natural substrate. I just switched my one black substrate to natural substrate this weekend. As others have said the black sand darkens the fish. Mine showed dramatic difference same day. I don't have pics yet. I will try to get some tonight.

What color are you using for the back ground? Post that picture if you can.
I'm happy with the look on this one but think I should have went a shade darker. I'm going to be doing another 55 next week and looking for more ideas. Thanks

All I have right now is a crappy cellphone pic. I have been busy this week and just did the switch last weekend. The background is a blue background that I get at petsmart. I actually get lots of compliments on it.

All I have right now is a crappy cellphone pic. I have been busy this week and just did the switch last weekend. The background is a blue background that I get at petsmart. I actually get lots of compliments on it.

Oh yea I have the same one on my 33 long. You told me where to get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom