Back in the hobby need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
playsand

Thanks, I was leaning towards the canister since it's also what I'm most familiar with and I would need to cut part of the canopy to fit a hob.

As for the sand I like the natural look, I heard natural (non dyed) play sand works well. Any opinions?

I used playsand in my tank. Love it. Lots of color variation, and cheap. Only thing I would do if I did it again would be to take the time to really really really rinse it. I didn't do a great job and had a very cloudy tank for about a week. Granted I was doing a fishless cycle so it really wasn't a big deal in the end, but just know that it has a lot of dust.

Sorry I didn't see your question until now. Sounds like I'm too late, but I used the coarse sand. I wasn't sure and had seen others say the finer stuff was too fine. Glad you found something locally that you like. You'll have to post pics when you get it set up.

Sorry I didn't see your question until now. Sounds like I'm too late, but I used the coarse sand. I wasn't sure and had seen others say the finer stuff was too fine. Glad you found something locally that you like. You'll have to post pics when you get it set up.

No problem better I make a decision for myself once in a while.

I'll probably post by tomorrow night what it looks like before fish but with the initial aquascaping. I will put the plants, driftwood, and some decor in right away.

Well hell broke loose. Filled it, set everything up washed all the sand. Then I heard a creak the side blew out cut me broke the stand and part of the wall. Leaked through floor into basement/garage. Insurance coming now

NOT WHAT I NEEDED

Wife is pissed!!! But seems to be forgiving. A new aquarium may not be a total lost cause

Here is what it looked like right before it fell apart

Figure out what went wrong? Floor or stand uneven? Issue with tank itself?

It was the tank had it running at the same spot for years then emptied. I think it was old and who knows. Now I have to dry out floors, fix the hole n the wall......

Back
Top Bottom