Bad fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Yo Yo Loach that is a bully. He will chase around the other fish nipping at them. I bought him around 2 years ago. He was peaceful. Now he is around 3 inches he became the bully. What do you do with a fish like that? :(:ermm:

As long as your yo yo loach isn't causing damage, no worries. Most Botia types like groupings of 5 or more. Adding a few more might calm him down a little.

I find mine are very curious and probably really annoying for other fish but cause no harm. As above, getting at least several more will help.

My yoyo loach in particular loved to school and get very close and personal with my gouramis lol. Yoyo loaches aren't aggressive. When you mention aggression and loaches together all I think of are the "Tri Banded orange sumo loach."

Maybe the Yo Yo isn't mean. The angels swim around the tank with out cowering in a corner. Will it be aright to have baby[small] yo yo with the larger one?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, angels are aggressive fish but can't defend themselves against a convict or tiger barb for example...... the larger yoyo may bully the smaller one but you won't know till you try.

Back
Top Bottom