Bad news.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
So bummed out right now. Usually I don't get upset or let the loss of a fish slow me down, but when it was Un expected and you know it's your fault... Yeah I guess it can happen.

So Jameson my Senegal bichir was just found dead. Killed by my 3-3.5" grammode cichlid.

It was my fault they were in a smaller tank but it was really all I could do. After my power was out for a full 7 days a few weeks back all but two tanks lost their cycles.

So had to put these two into a 30g. I mean it wasn't too bad.. But I wish I could a kept them individually like I was previously.

I knew the little gramm was nasty but this totally caught me off guard. It disemboweled the bichir, so it had to a happened over night. Stinks that I'm just now noticing. I wish I could a stopped it :(

I'm sorry to hear about your fish! :( I am always broken up over lost fishies. I recently rehomed my goldfish to a nice couple with a pond, and though they went to a great home, I still spent days feeling depressed....over fish. I was always one of those kids who'd go fishing with my dad, feel bad and let the fish off the line while my dad's back was turned.
The unexpected happens, but you gave your fishy a good home in comparison to most other fish and you should feel good about that. At least he didnt suffer his whole life in an unmaintained aquarium with little to no attention or care. Don't feel too bad. You're a good fish keeper ^^

Thanks. I know it's not really my fault under the circumstances. I just feel bad because it was nice to have a fish that wasn't so nasty it "could" actually be housed with other fish. He was like my counter to all my aggressive cichlids I guess you could say. So he will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom