Bad spaz!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi.

I'm not sure this is where it goes, but I have an issue. Recently, one of my angelfish (Spaz), decided that I was not feeding him enough, so he started eating the neon tetras he had happily lived with for over a year. That was bad, so I removed the remaining tetras (all six of them), and put them in a separate tank I was trying (and failing) to cycle. It is now doing fine at the cycling thing.

Of course, with no tetras to eat, Spaz had all this pent up energy to deal with, so he decided to tear the fins and scales of of one of his angel buddies, Fido. I found fido on his side, under a bush, half eaten alive. I put him in with the tetras, and he is now doing fine :)thanks:). Now I come to the issue: With all his friends removed, Spaz is afraid to come out of his corner of the tank, and is in need of some dither fish that he won't eat or overly abuse. Any suggestions?

Are you sure? most every other site I check says that Angels will eat anything that will fit in their mouths. But, if you're positive, I will trust you.

I say that based on danios generally being larger than neons and their constant motion. Not saying that they are not on the angel's menu but they may prove too challenging to catch.
Would be interesting to know why the larger angel all of a sudden became aggressive and territorial.

He had been dominant for a while, but I think he suddenly became large enough to eat the tetras, and when they were removed, was forced to put all his dominance energy to Fido.

Back
Top Bottom