Balloon Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

locorosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have not been a big fan of tropicals (love my goldies) but these guys are really neat!
Balloon%20Rams%2021.jpg

Balloon%20Rams%2022.jpg

I have been doing some research and it would seem they are hybrids. I don't think they are altered though!
They are fairly new but I dunno how long they've been around.
Having had Goldfish which have been selectively bred for certain looks ( just like purebred dogs) perhaps I am a little less nervous about them. I don't like the fact that they aren't long lived fish though. What is it, 2-3yrs tops?

thats normal with all rams... even the "regular ones"

I keep fancy goldfish too, but i, for some reason, am ok with that because they have been bred that way from hundreds of years.

Something just isnt right about baloon rams, just doesnt sit right with me, dunno why i guess.

All those fancy golds are genetically modified too - just with old fashioned breedin'.

The only GMO fish you can get that are modified in labs like you're thinking are the GloFish.

Did you find out what they were hybridized with? I don't know if you wanted to breed rams, but a hybrid would significantly reduce your chances.

Back
Top Bottom