bamboo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
noobaquarists said:
kk thank you so theres like no side effects or whatever? i dont want to put anything in my tank that'll hurt Sue

You can keep it in a tank but the top part with leaves have to be out of water or it'll die

what kind of lighting would i need to make a bamboo "forest" and what would be a good substrate to use im thinking of having some kind of moss hanging between the trees so to speak

noobaquarists said:
what kind of lighting would i need to make a bamboo "forest" and what would be a good substrate to use im thinking of having some kind of moss hanging between the trees so to speak

Hmm I'm pretty sure bamboo are root feeders so I'd add root tabs and I love the way that black sand looks with plants makes the green stand out

Hmm actually I think they might not even need root tabs I mean people have them in vases without anything to supplement them and they do fine so you should be good with no root tsvs

noobaquarists said:

And the lighting depends in the size of the tank and light fixture

And the lighting depends in the size of the tank and light fixture

i havnt gotten a light or tank for this project yet im not even 100% sure i am going to do it but i was thinking a 20g long open top aquarium and the water would only be filled around halfway and i would move Sue into it. but yea i was asking about light because i dont know whether bamboo is classified as high light or low light or somewhere in between. i also was thinking about building a waterfall in this tank using rocks and a filter.

Look up ripariums. They will give you some ideas. As far as I know the 'lucky bamboo' is low light. I've had some growing on my kitchen window for years with very little light.

image-52544014.jpg

Heres my 2.3g Betta tank. The lights a 20w 6500k cfl.

image-779643798.jpg

Here's my rip to give you some ideas :)

hmm,a bamboo forest. that seems epic. i think i might do this in my 10 once its a fry only tank

alLexX said:
hmm,a bamboo forest. that seems epic. i think i might do this in my 10 once its a fry only tank

Yeah it does like have several going around the tank and gave a light strong enough to still light the tank up through all the leaves

Look up ripariums. They will give you some ideas. As far as I know the 'lucky bamboo' is low light. I've had some growing on my kitchen window for years with very little light.

View attachment 90190

View attachment 90191

i love the way your riparium turned out i was following your thread when you started it

View attachment 90190

View attachment 90191

in the first pic what kind of substrate are you using?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom