Barb tank:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezimmer1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
Gould j start a barb tank? I love my tiger barbs an I want to start a barb tank with different types of barbs. If j should which types of barbs should I get?

Check out my signature below ... the Barbs I have aside from the TigerBarbs give a great combination of color, activity and sizes. BlackRuby Barbs resemble TigerBarbs, but are not as fin-nip happy.

Do you only have the regular TigerBarb, or do you also have the Albino and or Green Tiger?

Well right now I have just normal tiger barb..

The Green TigerBarb is my absolute favorite. The green can get really dark and rich. The Albino's are also pretty cool looking, and since all three are the same species, they will shoal together no problem.

If your looking to keep the general look of your normal TigerBarbs, add BlackRuby Barbs ... the Males's body turns a jet-black and head a ruby red during breeding ... so you'll need some females. The color of the male is stunning, especially if you have a couple of males vying for breeding rights.

If your going for a different look, then male Odessa (generally only what LFS's carry) and Denison Barbs are stunning fish. Denison Barbs are absolutely Gorgeous! But also can be a bit $$$$$$$$$.

The black rubies seem pretty cool looking:) how big of a tank do they need?

The black rubies seem pretty cool looking:) how big of a tank do they need?

Blackrubie's grow to the same size as TB's so you don't need to get a larger tank. Plus they get along fine with TB's.

Denison Barbs on the other hand need a minimum of a 55gal as they do need plenty of swimming room .. they can get up to inches long.

Well now my tank is pretty full. I got a Molly and two platys and one is pregnant so I'm gonna have to get a bigger tank or just another one. But thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom