Batter Powered Tank Siphon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure it would work but I tend to avoid products like this based entirely on the item name. You have no idea the quality of the item or if it's even made with safe materials.

Seriously... "Power Oil transfer pump cooking liquid vegetable water fish tank siphon battery"

Is not an item name and obviously a foreign seller from who knows where looking to expand search parameters to as many people as possible to sell junk.

I agree the name, and this product, may be suspect... but in general, I would think one might have more control w a powered, switch-activated, siphon for partial water changes.
But who ever heard of a "batter" powered anything? Besides a Keebler Elf of course.

Yep, there are plenty of affordable battery powered name brand gravel vacs that are specifically made for aquariums. Most of them have a strainer / filter to prevent you from turning fish into fish puree as well.

I have two very much like it. I never used them to siphon, rather I used them to vacuum in between pwcs. They are disposable rubbish- they are not completely submersible, so unless you have a very shallow tank, you can't really clean your gravel. The motors are not very powerful, and they go through a lot of batteries.
So much easier to use a regular siphon connected to a garden hose. A few jiggles and its off and siphoning.

+1 on the regular siphon 5 bucks at Walmart. Then I use 1/2" clear tubing with a1/2" female barbed fitting that fits in the pipe for the shower head to fill it back up.

Thanks for the realities and good ideas!

I'm looking at Latex Rubber Tubing (surgical grade) on amazon and a hand siphon pump (autozone, walmart, etc) to attach to the "long wand" I already have that gets down to the bottom of my tank.

I was hoping that a push-button battery motor would allow me to control the flow but I guess manually kinking the tubing will have to do :cool:

Thanks for the realities and good ideas!

I'm looking at Latex Rubber Tubing (surgical grade) on amazon and a hand siphon pump (autozone, walmart, etc) to attach to the "long wand" I already have that gets down to the bottom of my tank.

I was hoping that a push-button battery motor would allow me to control the flow but I guess manually kinking the tubing will have to do :cool:

My siphon came with an inline tap to shut off the flow, but you can also buy them cheaply enough from a large hardware chain.

Back
Top Bottom