BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got the regulator hooked up, got a few new plants... Should be very interesting on how they respond.
img_3209931_0_2a9dde3cc524746c40815d83236b5a4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3209931_1_39f740dbe0f460777ba67e6e9b23a6f9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here we go! Added the existing fish and plants from my 10 gal to help the cycle. Bring on the diatoms!!!

Very cool! Sometimes I wish I could start mine over again lol and plan it better ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429739611.082594.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dude,looks like it's trying to come around...did I miss something(new regulator perhaps)?

sit in silence

So I am trying an experiment with the substrate under the S.repens. Each dish has potting soil on the bottom capped with Eco-complete. One dish has 3 granules of Osmocote + in it just for fun. I'd love to be able to try this with other substrate such as Aquasoil, Brightwell etc. to compare substrates. Soooo if you have some spare substrate laying around (like a small ziplock bag worth) I would be more than happy to compare multiple substrates if you send me a small bag of it!
img_3210495_0_cc9fd758d8ae7f9e6e79406cbbbaf971.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got that brightwell meng!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sweet thanks Brookster, as of now I can fit 3, MAYBE 4 more containers if I take out my stones. Each container will get at least a stem plant, AR mini, Ludwigia Red, maybe blyxa. This should give us a decent mix of plants. The containers are:
1) Eco-complete w/dirt
2) Eco-Complete w/dirt and osmocote +
3) Brightwell (Brookster)
4) Aqua soil? (???)
5) ??? (???)
6) (If I have room) (????)

The new stems look fine, the existing one is melting as well. I can't rule it out though, its only been in there since Thursday afternoon.

img_3213302_0_b02652583649b57a6b29391a869d6c55.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Demm reds*!

*This photo was not altered in any way or influenced by special tank lighting

Photo shop! False pearling!! Steroids!!! Demnnnn reds though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As for the cups, star repens is melting everywhere even most of the new stems. The ones in the cups have not yet except the one old stem I put in there. Also the downoi outside the cup completely disintegrated in about 2 days while the one in the cup is hanging tight but I wouldn't say its grown yet. Brightwell and Aquasoil will be the other 2 cups and will hopefully set up by the weekend.

Update time! Tank is doing fair, colors on the ludwigia red are starting to really pop now. Cabomba and Rotala are starting to reach for reasons I have not figured out yet. I really need to get rid of this pogo (If anyone wants some PM me). The new Bylxa is doing okay, not great but hanging in there. There is one very promising stem of Rotala Mac that is starting side shoots.

The most interesting part of this update is I added the tub of Aquasoil to test. I added a bunch of different plants: AR Mini, Downoi, Star repens (3 stems), Purple cabomba, Rotala and the Ludwigia red. This should really give me a great comparison to the different growth from a nutrient rich substrate. I will set up one last dish of Brightwell early this week.

img_3216833_0_b50c358a3e2c7dce7af4af9801f58921.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3216833_1_e917d82c362bc092252007186ef46463.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom