Bed Bugs. need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So found out that on monday we are getting the house sprayed for bed bugs. Have NO IDEA on what to do with my fish tank, I have know where to move it. and not enough buckets for everything.... Any ideas? Maybe just run carbon that day and then hope for the best?

Disconnect any outside air source,(air pumps,skimmer air intake) then tightly wrap the top with plastic you'll want to isolate it as much as you can and run as much carbon as you can Do the same with the sump shut off the skimmer and cover/seal the tank leave your PH's running and expect some losses :(

I've heard of people getting some airline hose that will fit your skimmer and they ran it outside the house. This kept fresh oxygen in the tank. Definitely wrap it up tight though!!!

When I bomb for fleas I just put a towel over the tank and I've never had problems

I recently spoke to an exterminator about this when I had my house sprayed. Basically just turn off everything including filter and drape a damp towel over the tank while they spray. Worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom