Been such a bad girl!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTrash

Aquarium Advice Freak
Went to the lfs yesterday "only" for water :rolleyes:. Ended up leaving with a green long-tentacled plate coral, a frog spawn, and a frag of some kind of tree that one of the regulars dropped off (took up too much space in his his tank - it was free (y)). Then I went to the SC zoo today with my daughter and just happened :angel: to stop by a lfs only two miles away from the zoo. Walked out with two snails (forgot which kind), dragoneyed zoas, a fairly big duncan (with a clam attached to it), and a red brittle star.... whoopsie!!! :lol:

Pictures will come. Everything is getting acclimated as it was a pretty long drive. I will say that the brittle star looks ginormous!

For good measure I also got Ca and kH tests (finally)

mwilliams said:
LOL.. Wish I could be a bad girl like that but I have no more room in my tank...

I'm sure I'll get there soon enough at this rate :)

The brittle star is in. It took a whopping ten seconds from I dropped it until it hid itself in a cave. Glad I had the camera ready :-D

Attachments

• image-1394188805.jpg
    image-1394188805.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 174
  • image-2270858520.jpg
    image-2270858520.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 125
That is one big star! wow. lol My lfs has some like giant ones of those, liek half the tank size giant.

And yet it fit into a teeny hole in a rock. It took them some time to get it out of the rock for me :) Got it for $20, have no idea if it was a good deal or not...

Went to the lfs yesterday "only" for water :rolleyes:. Ended up leaving with a green long-tentacled plate coral, a frog spawn, and a frag of some kind of tree that one of the regulars dropped off (took up too much space in his his tank - it was free (y)). Then I went to the SC zoo today with my daughter and just happened :angel: to stop by a lfs only two miles away from the zoo. Walked out with two snails (forgot which kind), dragoneyed zoas, a fairly big duncan (with a clam attached to it), and a red brittle star.... whoopsie!!! :lol:

This happens to me all the time, lol

zambono said:
This happens to me all the time, lol

Lol glad in not the only one :)

Here are some pix. It looks like the zoa came with one aptasia (what should I do about that?). The clam is even a little open here too! Looks like a little tongue is sticking out :-D

image-2431626957.jpg

Long tentacled plate coral

image-4274187375.jpg

Zoas with clam and aptasia (?)

image-1662517180.jpg

Duncan (5 heads for $30!!)

image-2884797917.jpg

Frogspawn

image-692503952.jpg

Uhm, free tree thing

That is a Kenya Tree. Love the Royal Gramma.... The Long tentacled plate coral looks more like a Torch Coral. But very sweet deals you got.

That is a Kenya Tree. Love the Royal Gramma.... The Long tentacled plate coral looks more like a Torch Coral. But very sweet deals you got.

Maybe it is a kenya tree. The pictures I found online all showed stubby, short limbs, but it could just be a different variety.

I'm pretty sure it's a plate coral. This is what it looks like when retracted

http://www.pacificaquafarms.com/NewImages/Week126/DSC_0058.jpg (except only green)

Oh, and it's a dottyback and not a grammar. I really wanted a royal grammar, but my lfs didn't have one. They did have this one (mis-marked as a bicolored blenny), so I bought her. She's my favorite little fish :fish1:

Looks like some real nice pick ups. They all seem quite hardy. Good luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom