Beginning saltwater in the future? HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl414

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello fellow fishkeepers my name is mike and my girlfriend and I would love to get into the saltwater part of the hobby. The only problem is I'm an extreme noob for saltwater.

So basically I have a spare 50g tank that I eventually want to turn into a saltwater tank. I've researched it slightly before but it looks kind of scary :p. I'm not really sure what I would need to even start. Does my tank need to be drilled and have a sump? Do I need a ro/di unit, uv sterolizer, power heads, wavemaker, fancy LED lights?

Id like to keep it as simple as possible maybe a fowlr setup? A reef looks like a daunting task for me and I'd also like to keep it on the cheaper end. If anyone could give me advice or point me towards a guide to help with me the process I'll be very grateful.

A great place to start would be to read the stickie thingee at the top of the saltwater forum.

Also here is an awesome link, it will answer all your questions as to what a sump is, does, skimmers etc...all the good stuff LOL

Articles

Make sure you read both pages of sub links. There is so much good info on that link it's silly! LOL

Looks like I better break out my glasses :p. Lots of reading

Back
Top Bottom