Best Beginner Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenturtle

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been debating what my first coral should be. I have narrowed it down to a few types. Please give advise on what my first should be. 90 gallon tank, metal halides, 175 watt 14,000k.

1. GSPs
2. Zoanthids
3. Mushrooms

The tank has been running for that long and it will be a while before I get the corals. Thanks!

I might get a couple frags today since I'm going to LFS for more food + I haven't seen the store in ages. Since before Irene. I think they had a generator, I hope...

Got some Eagle Eye Zoanthids for $20 and a big colony of GSPs that aren't really coming out for $40. I felt kinda sorry for them since they lost 2/3 coral during the power outage :(

It's very odd how prices differ on both sides of the pond... Over here in the uk GSP is more or less a give away coral as they grow like weeds, however over there you pay $40 for it?

Leighton79 said:
It's very odd how prices differ on both sides of the pond... Over here in the uk GSP is more or less a give away coral as they grow like weeds, however over there you pay $40 for it?

I paid for a pretty large rock of it. It is kinda a nuisance coral here too. there were square inch ones going for $10. Mine is about 4x5 so it is a pretty good deal :)

Back
Top Bottom