best food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 60 Gallon tank...2 firemouths...2 convicts...a manguense..2 pictus cats...2 silver dollars..1 pleco... I've been feeding them cichlid pellets/flakes...but I'm not sure what to feed the pictus..they seem to never eat...I was thinking of buying some frozen cube brine shrimp or something any ideas on whats tops??

that tank is lloking kind of crounded to me... :?

as far as food, variety is the key... flakes and pellets are a good start, i would add in the brine shrimp, krill, vegatables, ...

WEll as of right now they are all under 2 inches...so still young...I'm setting up a 30 hex in a month or two..then prob going to move a pair there...

The manguense will fill that tank pretty good when he is full grown. Good virity of fresh vegie , frozen food and flake is good and lots of PWC help in fast growth.

I think ur bioload shud be ok if u do 40% water change weekly( when theyre bigger). Right now thats a low bioload. the managuense will be the biggest contributor to the load in the futur i think basedon itssize. it lookslike a cool fish, i want one when i get a bigger tank. that a good idea to maybe move a fish or two out down the line, u shud do good with ur plan in mu opinion.

variety in food is best, and food with low ash.

Back
Top Bottom