Best Light Bulb To Go With This One?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAWRRitsEDWINN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I plan on using the Zoo Med AquaSun T-5 HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood (Zoo Med AquaSun T-5 HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood at PETCO) to replace the LED lights on my tank. I think this would be a better light fixture for a planted tank.

I know for sure I will be using the Zoo Med T-5 HO Flora Sun Max Plant Growth Fluorescent Bulb (Zoo Med T-5 HO Flora Sun Max Plant Growth Fluorescent Bulb at PETCO).

I do not know what bulb I should pair this one with. It is either between these two:

Zoo Med T-5 HO Ultra Sun Super Daylight Fluorescent Bulb (Zoo Med T-5 HO Ultra Sun Super Daylight Fluorescent Bulb at PETCO)

OR

Zoo Med T-5 HO Ocean Sun 10,000K Fluorescent Bulb (Zoo Med T-5 HO Ocean Sun 10,000K Fluorescent Bulb at PETCO)

Any combo of those 2 bulbs will be fine. I preferred running half 6500K and half 10000K when I was running T5HOs. There is some evidence that 6500K usually provides a slightly better spectrum for fuller growth, but running straight 6500K was always a bit too yellow for my eye. The 10000K is still good for plant growth and is a whiter light.

Save your receipts and try a combo and return a bulb if you don't like it. Me, I'd try the two plant bulbs first as the Ocean Sun sounds too blue to me...it gives my tanks a colder look. I prefer my warmer 5,500-6,500K.

Back
Top Bottom