Best place to get feeder insects?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm wondering if anyone has order feeder worms online anywhere? I have a lot of crested geckos and Leo's and buying at petsmart is getting expensive! I would like to start a colony of mealworms, dubia roaches, or superworms!! any advice would be appreciated! I really have no idea how to start a colony so I really need some advice!! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
We've ordered earthworms and meal worms online several times with great results. THe wife finally started an earthworm farm in the corner of the basement, so we have an endless supply. Most get transferred to various gardens, but we feed some to our turtles and fish. We've ordered crickets online twice for our water dragons (which we've since re-homed), and both times turned out badly. Once, they froze during shipping, and another time they arrived (during decent spring weather) nearly all dead.

Ouch!

Do vibrating feed trays work to simulate live insects (I assume)? I saw these recently (with remote!) and wondered if they were any good.

I haven't had any luck yet! I'm looking on ebay right now the prices are a little lower and free shipping!!

Well I ordered a colony of dubia roaches on ebay for 20 I'm super happy!

My dad is freaking out he thinks they are going to get out of the tub! He's driving me crazy

:dance: Dads are like that, so are moms! lol. I also have mealworm and superworm beetles where you can raise your own, not hard as anyone will tell you.

:dance: Dads are like that, so are moms! lol. I also have mealworm and superworm beetles where you can raise your own, not hard as anyone will tell you.

Could you explain your process because I have read so many different things! I still would like to raise either meal or superworms.

Back
Top Bottom