Best practice for Aqueon filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Junyor

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys:
I have read a lot about this topic here and other forums, I'm still a little confused on the best practice for this filters, I mean, I have an Aqueon 50 in my 36 gal tank, I like this filters for their very little noise and good flow, now, the media in this filters last a month and the light start blinking indicating the cartridge is clogged and need "replacement or clean", this filters have also the Bio Holster for the cartridge and the special pad water flow thing, as many of you may know this cartridges have active carbon, I know there's a whole other topic regarding active carbon "benefits" in the aquarium water.

Now my question is the following: Is there a need to replace the filter cartridge since there's a Bio Holster for good bacteria? I don't want to start a mini cycle every time I change the cartridge.

Just to let you know I put a Fluval Polishing pads inside the filter and in the flow between the bio holster and the water exit.

Thanks

You can just clean the old filter pad by rinsing it in a bucket of tank water to preserve bb. They usually last about a month before you should really change it. You can do the same with new filter pads when you eventually do change it.

Back
Top Bottom