Best Protein Skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
For under or around $200.... 75 gal FOWLR for now... Might add SOME corals at some point. Also best power heads? And any clue how many I need? Using a wet/dry so not sure how much GPH it does. Thanks!

I have a Bubble Magus NAC 3+ on my 57. It seems to work very very well. My PO4 and Nitrates always tests 0.

Bubble Magus BM-NAC3+ Protein Skimmer - Bubble Magus - Protein Skimmers - Bulk Reef Supply

Bubble Magus BM-NAC3.5 Cone Protein Skimmer - Bubble Magus - Protein Skimmers - Bulk Reef Supply

Both of these models meet your price range. Everyone I know that has one has liked it. It is chinese made, but seems to be of a little better quality than a few other brands out there.

This one is a little more, but gets you a little more volume for your tank size. They also seem to be fairly well liked and reviewed.

IN-100 Vertex Protein Skimmer - Vertex - Protein Skimmers - Bulk Reef Supply

I have 2 eshopps and one reef octopus and am pleased with both. More so with the eshopps skimmers, they are cheap and work really well. :)

For powerheads I would go with 2 1400 Koralia's, one on either side wall of the tank. That would be enough flow if you decide to go with corals at some point and be good enough for fowlr without a doubt.

I have 2 1400's in my 90g which is pretty much a 75g just taller and it is perfect!

Back
Top Bottom