Best Wavemaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
researching wave makers for my 125g freshwater tank. I currently have two Hydor 850's but one that was brand new just stopped working and I am sending in for a replacement.

Opinions on the Hydor SmartWave pump ? Says you can attach two units to it.

I have seen the Jebao wavemaker as well and was not sure which direction to go in.

Also looking at an Ocean Pulse brand that others have said can run the Koralia's on and they have a model where you can hook up a total of 4 of them. However the manufacturer says not to run them with this wave maker.

So looking for some advice and/or problems others have encountered using these products. Thanks.

Do you have just one ? I have seen complaints about the noise of the unit. Have you had a Koralia so u can compare the two ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you have just one ? I have seen complaints about the noise of the unit. Have you had a Koralia so u can compare the two ?

I have both, they're both silent. I don't know where the noise complaints come from..

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's in a 5g tank, so yes, just one. The "secret" is to keep them clean. Bpo has Hydors, they're quiet. I originally got a Rio 50 Plus and replaced it with the Jebao. No sound at all.

I like the fact it came with a controller that will work to control more than one unit.

Back
Top Bottom