Best way to plumb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone!

I finally have a weekend to myself to get some stuff done! I still have not even plumbed my tank in down here, its been sitting free standing, which isn't horrible since thats what it was designed to do, but its time to return it to its glory.

Here is my dilema, I am not the greatest at plumbing, and I usually dont have to work with these angles. What is the best way to plumb my system to the stand shown below? (stand is ugly, finishing it as free wood becomes available)

I can put the tank either in position X or Y and can flip the sump around as well. There is about a 4-5" clearance from the bottom of the top 2x4 to the top of the sump. I can get more pictures or measurements if needed.

img_1170983_0_b9edf84c09cf302e876a0bc6c69f4b33.jpg

I'm assuming this monster stand and sump are for the little 12g...

I would have the drain line of the tank as near the "in" side of the sump as possible. You want as few turns as possible in your drain line plumbing. The return isn't that big a deal as I'm sure you have a monster pump for that tank as well.

another point is to get your skimmer as close the the inlet side of the sump. so you might want to flip or spin the sump around.

From the look of it the sump is designed to be a Wet/dry trickle style filter. I'm assuming he will have LR rubble in the chamber to the left of the skimmer, or a fuge. You have to work with what you got. the right side of the sump is the return, those things are made to flow in one direction only.

Yes, I see that the left side is to small for a pump of the correct size to fit.
Good point...Ziggy

Are you going to run everything off of the same plug as that AC unit? Granted I don't think aquarium stuff has much of a draw but that AC will suck a bunch of power at startup and there is a possibility of tripping a breaker when that happens if you have a lot of other things on the same plug (depends on how that wiring was done). I'm not an electrician but you may want to watch that.

Sorry I can't help with the plumbing! :(

Are you going to run everything off of the same plug as that AC unit? Granted I don't think aquarium stuff has much of a draw but that AC will suck a bunch of power at startup and there is a possibility of tripping a breaker when that happens if you have a lot of other things on the same plug (depends on how that wiring was done). I'm not an electrician but you may want to watch that.

Good catch and very good point! Pay attention here Jimbo!

Nope! There is one out of the picture just to the left.

Back
Top Bottom