betta, 1 missing ghost shrimp & 2 dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiedyn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got my betta and 3 ghost shrimp home Sunday afternoon. I have been checking on them each morning. Yesterday morn I could only count 2. Shrimp #1 was on the floor in front of the tank, all dead, did he jump? There are 2 small openings on the lid, a handle and above the filter... This morning #2 is dead in the bottom of the tank, and #3 is missing altogether... What am I doing wrong for my shrimpys?

Are they in a bowl? Cause they need filtration . And also yes I have a few ghost shrimp jump on me before it is defently possible they thought the grass was greener on the other side

Shrimpies are lunches for betta! That one you found on the floor definitely jumped.....I was told they do that. Your betta probably chased that poor bastid and he took a gamble.

Codyluthy said:
Are they in a bowl? Cause they need filtration . And also yes I have a few ghost shrimp jump on me before it is defently possible they thought the grass was greener on the other side

Hahahaha.......nice one!

I have a small submerged filter and a bubbler. Maybe betta ate #3 but, and #1 was a jumper... But how did #2 die, there should've been lotsa little junk in the tank to eat...

It sounds like your beta probably got hungry I used to buy ghost shrimp for my cichlids when they were small and I would watch them chase the shrimp to the surface and the shrimp would jump and get stuck on the side of the glass. Fish are naturally attracted to the shrimp. I found one all dried up on the floor under my tank so I'm guessing he got chased up to the top and jumped out most likely this happened to yours.

Back
Top Bottom